The Business Analyst collaborates with business functional areas and IT staff to research, analyze, and document business and system requirements to bring continuous value to PLTW's customers, team members, and innovation initiatives. This role is essential in ensuring that systems, software, and processes meet the needs and expectations of customers, both internal and external, in alignment with PLTW's North Star strategic objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships between business units, technology teams, and Project Management Operations (PMO).
- Consult with business units to research and document business needs and create documentation to support user stories.
- Collaborate with other IT Teams (application development, salesforce, business intelligence, and infrastructure) to ensure the teams are always working toward the appropriate goals for the business.
- Partner with stakeholders to manage backlogs, develop user stories, process diagrams, and other models to clarify the desired solutions.
- Consolidate ideas and feedback from multiple business stakeholders and serve as the single authoritative source for product direction for the development teams.
- Identify common requests/needs across the organization and collaborate with business units to prevent duplicative efforts/systems, building efficiencies and alignment.
- Contribute to successful implementation, validation, delivery, and adoption of defined solutions.
- Manage changes to identified scope and requirements enabling team to meet sprint goals.
- Identify and recommend potential opportunities for PLTW to incorporate innovative methods and emerging trends within profession and related field.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts PLTW's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Associate's degree in Management Information Systems or a related field of study, or equivalent related experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A customer-centric approach to all internal and external interactions.
- Seeks and embraces diversity of thought, culture, and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading requirements gathering and discovery sessions and writing formal requirements documentation.
- Ability to analyze and define processes of business both As Is and To Be.
- Experience defining requirements for data initiatives and reporting.
- Proficiency with JIRA, Confluence, and Microsoft Office products including Visio.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to work and communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to create strong relationships with team members while working with them to understand both the what and why of initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team as well as independently while resourcefully seeking answers and removing obstacles.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and display strong critical thinking skills.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred.
- Regularly communicates and collaborates with colleagues and leadership.
- Regularly uses computer and other electronic equipment.
- Occasionally moves objects weighing 10 - 15 lbs.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Sits/Stands 100% of the workday.
- Bends/stoops/kneels occasionally.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.