Cook – Woodland Terrace
As a member of the New Perspective family of senior living communities, Woodland Terrace's application and interview processes are managed by New Perspective.
A Woodland Terrace by New Perspective Cook is a valuable part of the care team by executing recipes, preparing the kitchen, and creating delicious and dietary meals. We look for team members who are passionate about health, nutrition and food safety for seniors.
To learn more about the day of a New Perspective Cook, click here.
When you join our team, you'll gain:
- Referral Bonus - Earn a bonus each time we hire a new team member referred by you.
- Flexible Scheduling - Partner with your manager to create your ideal schedule.
- Full-time or Part-time - What works best for you? We want to make it happen!
- Tuition Assistance - We invest in our team members' development to promote within. Share your career goals with us!
- Leadership Support - We will give you the resources, training, and guidance to be successful in your current and future roles. Your success is our success!
- Collaborative & Inclusive Work Culture - We value all of our team members' experiences and backgrounds, and we continue to build dynamic teams. We're committed to listening to team members' ideas in order to make some of the best improvements.
- Positive Impacts - You'll make a difference by helping seniors live life on purpose!
- Follow established corporate recipes or those identified by the Culinary Services Director
- Follow all ServSafe, governmental and corporate regulations for food safety and handling
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Adjusts food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Acts as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service temperature
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- Ensure proper cleaning and sanitization of equipment and work areas
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry ingredients.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Wow our residents and guests with amazing dishes.
- Provide resident feedback and make meal recommendations to Supervisor
- Promote teamwork, laughter, and happiness every day
- Schedule allows no late nights!
- Full Time
- Part Time
- High School diploma / GED, or as required by state regulations.
- Cook: One (1) year cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting.
- Chef: Two (2) years cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting or completed culinary training/certification or vocational training/certification in commercial food preparation.
Team Member Benefits & Perks*
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account/Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education assistance - up to $5,000 per calendar year!
- Leadership Development & Career Advancement
- Real-time Access to Earned Wages
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
*Benefits vary by full-time, part-time, and PRN status.
Why Woodland Terrace by New Perspective Senior Living? A career with a purpose starts here!
This is an exciting time to join Woodland Terrace by New Perspective. We are a growing company serving over 2,000 seniors today with a goal of reaching 10,000 by 2025. Our growth is creating energy, excitement, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. We have a culture of servant leadership and collaboration that supports each team member's personal and professional development. At Woodland Terrace you're not just an employee, you are a valued member of our team.
Our Hiring Process is Quick and Easy!
Step 1: Application (5-10 minutes)
Apply for the position that matches your interest and let us know the best way to contact you.
Step 2: Phone Screening (20 minutes)
These quick introductions help us to learn more about your career goals and see if Woodland Terrace is a good fit.
Step 3: In-Person Interview (45 minutes)
We want to learn more about you! We want to hear about your past experience and your future goals. You'll also have the opportunity to ask us questions, tour our community, and meet some of the team.
Step 4: Job Offer
If the role and community seem like a good fit, we'll reach out with a job offer. Job offers may even be made at the time of your interview!
Woodland Terrace by New Perspective is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Perspective is partnering with MinnesotaJobs.com to find caring, team-oriented professionals, like you. We offer a variety of assisted living career opportunities: servers, cooks, caregivers, operations, leadership, and more. Submit your application today!