The Instructional Developer creates new courses, revises existing courses, and develops corresponding professional development for educators. This role independently develops unit or course materials including teacher support and training following the instructional, visual, and technical design strategies outlined by the instructional team. This position is also responsible for the continuous improvement of existing instructional content including revising existing lessons, aligning curriculum to standards, developing, and reviewing both formative and summative assessments, and creating, modifying, and evaluating teacher training experiences. Occasional travel required.
- Partner with Production team members in the development of high-quality, engaging instruction including both student and teacher facing resources such as course instruction, professional development, and course-embedded assessment.
- Collaborate cross functionally to meet project deliverables including evaluation, training, communication, delivery, supply chain, and change management.
- Provide relevant expertise in instructional development including technical knowledge of related equipment, supplies, software, and hardware.
- Collaborate with Assessment team members to implement assessment resources.
- Drive consistency of instructional development and partner with other Instructional team members to maintain high-quality instruction across grade bands and pathways.
- Identify and recommend potential opportunities to incorporate innovative methods and emerging trends within area of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in education, science, engineering, computer science, or related field is required.
- Teaching certification or certification in mathematics, science, computer science, or career and technology or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of grades 6-12 STEM and Computer Science education including knowledge of national education standards.
- A customer-centric approach to all internal and external interactions.
- Seeks and embraces diversity of thought, culture, and experience.
- Takes pride in the work, celebrates success, and has fun.
- Approaches work with curiosity and experimentation.
- Proficiency in blocks-based and text-based coding platforms .
- Ability to learn and use various educational technology tools used in STEM education (I.e., robotics equipment, microcontrollers, CAD software).
- Experience in designing and developing instructor led and/or web-based units/courses.
- Knowledge of instructional design and eLearning tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively.
- Creative and critical thinking skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner.