As a member of the New Perspective family of senior living communities, Woodland Terrace's application and interview processes are managed by New Perspective.
At Woodland Terrace, we value a socially interactive and healthy dining experience and it starts with the quality of service provided by the server. Your primary responsibility is to use your knowledge, hospitality and service skills to ensure that residents and guests are enjoying their dining experience. In addition to engaging with the residents and managing their food orders, you will assist in the proper set-up and cleaning of the dining rooms so that the dining experience is enhanced.
Servers are responsible for handling all foods in accordance with sanitary procedures and standards and complying with all federal, state and local regulatory procedures regarding safe food handling.
When you join our team, you'll gain:
- Referral Bonus - Earn a bonus each time we hire a new team member referred by you.
- Flexible Scheduling - Partner with your manager to create your ideal schedule.
- Full-time or Part-time - What works best for you? We want to make it happen!
- Tuition Assistance - We invest in our team members' development to promote within. Share your career goals with us!
- Leadership Support - We will give you the resources, training, and guidance to be successful in your current and future roles. Your success is our success!
- Collaborative & Inclusive Work Culture - We value all of our team members' experiences and backgrounds, and we continue to build dynamic teams. We're committed to listening to team members' ideas in order to make some of the best improvements.
- Positive Impacts - You'll make a difference by helping seniors live life on purpose!
- Engages with the residents in a friendly manner with service, friendliness, and a can-do attitude
- Demonstrates knowledge of the menu with the ability to make suggestions
- Takes food and drink orders from residents with accuracy
- Delivers food in a timely basis
- Ensures residents are enjoying their meals and acts swiftly to correct any problems
- Collects payment from residents and guests when necessary
- Enters orders into the POS system for transmittal to the kitchen team
- Maintains impeccable personal grooming and hygiene standards
- Practices food-safe handling skills
- Performs dining room checklists to ensure readiness, cleanliness, safety, and department of health compliance
- Performs and ensures dining room set-up and re-set of tables is in accordance with dining room procedures
- Is knowledgeable of the specialty diet needs of residents and knows where to get such information
- Safe food handling is always practiced
- Helps food preparation team when necessary
- High School diploma preferred
- Previous experience in restaurant, dining hospitality and/or full-service senior living preferred
- A positive attitude and an ability to work well under pressure
- Able to perform high quality work while unsupervised
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver orders in a timely fashion
- Full-Time (7:00 am - 3:00 pm)
- Part-Time (7:00 am - 3:00 pm)
- Rotating Weekends and holidays
Team Member Benefits & Perks*
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account/Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education assistance - up to $5,000 per calendar year!
- Leadership Development & Career Advancement
- Real-time Access to Earned Wages
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
*Benefits vary by full-time, part-time, or PRN status.
Why Woodland Terrace by New Perspective Senior Living? A career with a purpose starts here!
This is an exciting time to join Woodland Terrace by New Perspective. We are a growing company serving over 2,000 seniors today with a goal of reaching 10,000 by 2025. Our growth is creating energy, excitement, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. We have a culture of servant leadership and collaboration that supports each team member's personal and professional development. At Woodland Terrace you're not just an employee, you are a valued member of our team.
Our Hiring Process is Quick and Easy!
Step 1: Application (5-10 minutes)
Apply for the position that matches your interest and let us know the best way to contact you.
Step 2: Phone Screening (20 minutes)
These quick introductions help us to learn more about your career goals and see if Woodland Terrace is a good fit.
Step 3: In-Person Interview (45 minutes)
We want to learn more about you! We want to hear about your past experience and your future goals. You'll also have the opportunity to ask us questions, tour our community, and meet some of the team.
Step 4: Job Offer
If the role and community seem like a good fit, we'll reach out with a job offer. Job offers may even be made at the time of your interview!
Woodland Terrace by New Perspective is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Perspective is partnering with MinnesotaJobs.com to find caring, team-oriented professionals, like you. We offer a variety of assisted living career opportunities: servers, cooks, caregivers, operations, leadership, and more. Submit your application today!